State of maine’s COVID-19 guidelines for Boating
The State of Maine has adopted a staged approach, supported by science, public health expertise and industry collaboration, to allow Maine businesses to safely open when the time is right. The plan is available here.
Everyone’s goal is to allow guide businesses to operate while keeping guides and clients safe and healthy. Please use common sense and keep the goal in mind.
- Visitors from outside Maine must follow the Moving Maine Forward plan. People who are not residents of Maine or states exempted from quarantine requirements, must have received a negative COVID-19 test result that meets the Moving Maine Forward plan requirements, or they must have completed their 10 day quarantine in Maine.
- Clients must remain with their party and maintain 6 feet of physical distance from individuals who are not part of their party whenever possible.
- Inform customers of your COVID-19 policies and procedures in advance, if possible, via website, social media channels, etc. This information should include the request that individuals not participate if they are experiencing symptoms (e.g., fever, cough). This communication should also include that Maine requires a person to wear a face covering in accordance with Face Covering Executive Order.
- Limit cash and paper receipt transactions; promote contactless payment options (e.g., online payments, pay by phone options, RFID credit and debit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.).
- Under no circumstances should a guide, client or employee participate in a guided trip if they show signs of illness.
- Clients should provide their own face covering, water bottles, sunscreen and insect repellant.
- It is recommended for guides and clients to wear face coverings indoors.
- Avoid greeting others by shaking hands.
- Guides will have readily available: hand sanitizer, cleaning products and spare face coverings.
- Extra care must be taken when close contact will occur, such as while in a kayak. Maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet between individuals as much as possible.
- When conducting overnight trips, guides must collect a Certificate of Compliance form as a prerequisite to participation from people who are not residents of Maine or states exempted.